Thursday 15 April 2010

A tough old time

Afternoon :D

It most certainly has been a while since I poured my thoughts onto this page. My life has been rather unexpectedly hectic the last three to four weeks, and don't worry, I'll be sure to tell you all about my latest shenanigans in due course.*Because you're all clearly yearning find out what I've been up to* Haha.

Would you prefer the good news or the bad news first? When someone extends this question to oneself I think our instincts tell us to invite good news first right? Or have I just picked that up from some popular movie? Anyway, put simply, I think it's better to hear some bad news followed by good news. Because it'll hopefully counter the rotten tomato which someone just splattered in your face.

So my not so great news :( .. At the time of my last posts I was pretty chipper with the way things in my life were moving along. Mainly it was my developing career which was making my mouth look like it permanently had a slice of orange stuffed in it. I was steadily building a career in the broadcast industry, a good foot i the door you know. I was demonstrating my skills as a talented young journalist and learning new ones along the way at one of the busiest news centres in London. I was so confident that this work would continue to roll in for me, I began planning for what I considered an inevitable move to the big city. Alas, my shifts were recently cut due to staff cuts. Talk about pulling the carpet from underneath you huh! ..

A real shame, but it doesn't do anyone any good to dwell on what could have been. I may not be up and down to London each week on a regular basis like I once was, but I sure am more determined than ever to make it! ..

So that's the bad news, and although I've been unsuccessful with two job interviews since, at least I'm getting interviews now. The experience I've built up over the past six months is proving pretty valuable, so that's a plus.

Good news is I've been keeping busy. I've already bookmarked six new jobs to apply for, wish me luck :D .. And my 30 minute documentary project for my Masters is finally done. Thank the Lord, I seriously beginning think my hard drive may be the death of me as it's explosion from over use seemed imminent. Only a 3,000 word evaluation stands in my way from having MA on the end of my name, nice!

No comments: